Nathan Lester Rowe
- Home: South Dayton, NY.
- Occupation: Storekeeper & Postmaster.
- Born: 30 May 1842 Town of Cherry Creek, NY.
- Died: May 23, 1926 South Dayton, NY.
- Spouse: Belle E. Swift
- Marriage Date: 10 Aug 1876 South Dayton, NY.
- Father: Nathan Rowe
- Mother: Mahala Weaver
His father died when he was 2 years old. He went to live with Stephen Adams. The wife of Stephen Adams name was Betsy Weaver. Maybe a cousin? According to reference # 1, in 1861 he went to Buffalo, NY. and then to Franklin, PA. where he set up a business for 13 years. He moved to South Dayton in the spring of 1875, purchased a lot, erected a building, and opened a grocery, flour and feed store. Some newly discovered information on a Dayton history page disputes some of this. He was appointed postmaster 16 Oct.1897.
- Historical and Biographical History of the Township of Dayton, Cattaraugus Co. NY. ©1901.
- 1880 United States Census.
- Highland Cemetery Records.
- Obituary in Salamanca Republican-Press, May 24, 1926.